Thursday, July 21, 2011

Stronger and Hotter Workout


Instructions:
This workout is a combination of interval training and time challenge. The first part is 12 minute long interval training so you have to set your interval timer for 12 rounds of 10 and 50 seconds intervals (the rest interval is always the first one). You will be moving from exercise to exercise and pushing as hard as you can during each 50 second interval. I strongly suggest that you write your reps down during the 10 second rest intervals so that you can one day try to beat your record. I wrote my reps down so this is my score and also the flow of the workout – there are 3 rounds of the following exercises:
1) Sandbag Dragon Lunge
My score: 8, 10.5, 9 reps
2) Crossed Leg Burpee
My score: 9, 8, 9 reps
3) Sandbag Squat – Right Shoulder
My score: 14, 10, 10
4) Sandbag Squat – Left Shoulder
My score: 13, 11, 10
The second Part of this workout is a Time Challenge and your goal is to complete15 sets of the Jump Squats/Push Ups Combo. I explained all of the exercises and this combo in the video above and I also included easier variations for beginners.
The combo is 2 Jump Squats – 1 Jump Tuck – 3 half way down push ups and power up into a squat. This is one set. Try to beat my time – 3 minutes and 35 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment