Friday, March 18, 2011

Turbo fat ass blaster

Today I decided to do a longer workout, one that would cause me to break a sweat! I chose Turbo Fat Ass Blaster. This workout consist of 10 exercises and you want to complete all 10 exercises as fast as you can.


Workout Breakdown: 
    1. Plie Jump Squats- 30 reps
    2. Taping Push ups -26 reps
    3. Deep Walking Lunges- 30 reps (1 forward 1 backwards if you have limited space- 15 on each leg)
    4. V-Ups- 25 reps
    5. Get Up High Knees- 30 reps (10 high knees, drop down, then get up. This is 1 rep)
    6. Leg Lifts- 25 reps
    7. Mountain Climbers- 60 reps
    8. Dips- 25 reps
    9. Skater Jump Lunges- 30 reps
    10. Knee Assisted One Arm Push Ups- 26 reps
Plie Jump Squats: Stand with you feel wide apart, squat down and then jump up. Repeat 30 times


Skater Jump Lunges: Try not to touch the floor behind you when you go into the Skaters Lunge position.


Taping Push Ups: Do a push up and then in the plank position tap the opposite shoulder. Do 26 reps total switching arms.


Diet



6:00 am: 5 egg whites, 1/2c spinach, 2 green onions, 1/4c corn, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese


8:00-8:20 am: Sweet Pear Baked Oatmeal (recipe below)


11:00 am: 2 Carrot Cake Protein Bars


1:00 pm: Curried Chicken and Brown Rice salad, 1c Green Beans (recipe below)
[I didn't use the apples or raisins and I added 1 carrot stick]

4:00 pm: Pumpkin Parfait + added vanilla abstract and a scoop of whey (recipe below)


6:00 pm: Salmon with 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, tomatoes and capers, 1c steamed broccoli (recipe below)


9:00 pm: Protein shake with 16 oz water




Sweet Pear Baked Oatmeal








  •  1/2 cup old-fashioned cooking oats
  •  1 cup water
  •  1/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
  •  1/4 tsp baking powder
  •  sugar substitute to taste
  •  2 tbs sugar-free Torani caramel syrup
  •  1/3 sliced RED pear (I'm not sure what kind it was but it was absolutely delicious)
  •  1/4 tsp cinnamon
  •  1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  •  Unsweetened Almond Milk (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Slice pear into thin pieces. Combine the above, mixing well. Add to an oven-proof baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, Drizzle with milk and enjoy!








Curried Chicken and Brown Rice Salad
Serves 4
  • 1 1/2 t canola oil
  • 8 oz chicken breast or tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 1/2 t curry powder, divided
  • 2 c cooked brown rice
  • 1 medium red pepper, chopped
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • 1/4 c raisins
  • 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
  • 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
  • 1 1/2 T olive oil
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat pan over medium-high; add canola oil. Add chicken pieces and sprinkle with half of the curry. Saute until chicken is cooked (around 5 to 8 minutes). Set aside.

In a bowl, combine rice with bell pepper, onion, green onion, raisins, and apple.

In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and remaining curry and salt and pepper (if desired).

Add chicken to rice, and then add dressing to mixture and toss together. Refrigerate until serving.







Pan Fried Salmon or Tilapia with Bell Peppers, Tomatoes and Capers
  • 1/2 T olive oil, divided
  • 4 oz salmon filet or tilapia
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste (or as I always use, Mrs. Dash)
  • 1/2 cup large red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1 T capers
  • 2 cloves of garlic

Place 1 T of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and seasoning and cook until opaque (cooked through) - about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Fish should be flaky.

While salmon is cooking, in another skillet over medium-high heat, cook the onion and the bell peppers until tender - about 8 minutes. Stir in tomato, capers, and garlic. Serve with fish.

Pumpkin Protein Parfait
Makes 1 parfait
Ingredients:

  •  1/2 cup nonfat Cottage Cheese or 1 snack size cup
  •  1/2 cup nonfat yogurt (Chobani or Greek)
  •  1/4 cup canned Pumpkin
  •  1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
  •  1/4 cup cooked oats
  •  1/4 cup uncooked oats

Directions:
Puree cottage cheese along with yogurt, spice, and pumpkin. Alternate layers in cup using cream mixture and granola. Garnish with raisins or nuts.

**For added protein, add a scoop of low-fat, low-carb protein powder.

Today I woke up at 6:00 am with full energy. I noticed by waking up earlier, it gave me enough extra time to fit in another meal considering I was trying to eat every 2-3 hours. I recently have been pushing myself harder to fit in as many meals as possible for maximum weigh gain. I have been writing down my workouts and food logs in a separate journal just in case some kind emergency would occur. Such as, not having access to a computer or a power outage. I recently discovered a few months ago a website called BodyRock.Tv featuring two average adults by the name Zuzana and Frederick. Zuzana and Frederick update this website every day with their own personal exercises and workouts along with their own dieting and recipes to follow. They has drastically changed how I think and feel about stepping foot in another gym again and they have protected me by realizing how much money I was wasting every month on equipment or exercises that could have easily be done at home while achieving the same results. 
I have a personal journal/notepad on my Mac that will help me track of my dieting for the next 6 months. I just recently decided to use blogger as a simpler way to keep note instead of writing it down and taking up memory on my hard drive. I am on day 26 right now of healthy-clean eating and I'm so excited to see my accomplishments at the end. I will be posting a before and after picture to inform myself if I have changed or need to make changes.
On a personal note: I'm going to club Aja tonight :) I'm so excited. This is the first time I will be going actually "out" with a few friends and hopefully have a great time. I'm going to club Aja with my old friend Megan Dillingham, a girl who used to be one of my greater friends until we got into a little conflict with her mom in the past that sort of ended our friendship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment