Thursday, August 11, 2011

15 minutes of pure torture workout



Today’s workout
1. Jump Lunges – 10 reps
2. One Arm Push Ups – 2 reps on each arm
3. Half Burpees – 10 reps
4. One Arm Push Ups – 2 reps on each arm
This is one round. Complete as many rounds as possible within 15 minutes.
Completed 11 rounds
Jump Lunges – 10 reps
I noticed that my form got better since the last time I did this workout, because this time I let my knee to kiss the floor slightly before I do another jump lunge. Look, if you are already taking the time to do this workout, than squeeze the most out of it – get all the way down with the back knee before another jump! Just don’t hit your knee, keep the movement under control. Each jump counts as 1 rep.
One Arm Push Up – 2 reps on each arm.
Unless you have been practicing one arm push ups for the past few weeks, you might want to get onto your knees like me to make this exercise possible. The wider you put your knees apart, the easier the push ups will be. Push from your armpits and feel the muscles on your upper back working. It is not only your triceps and shoulder that is working. I haven’t been practicing these push ups for a very long time so I still have a lots of room for improvement. One day I would like to be able to do 5 one arm push ups from my toes, but I won’t stress myself about it – it will be a fun journey before I get there.
Half Burpees – 10 reps.
Start in a plank position with the exercise mat underneath you. Jump your feet forward across your mat driving your hips up. Keep your whole body tight and really think about engaging your abs. Jump your feet back into plank. This was one rep.

No comments:

Post a Comment